These messages, posted to a local mailing list, reveal the story of some canes being conceived, made, used, and something about how people were involved in the project.
I thought they were quite amuseworthy as well as interesting in the context of all this cane reviewage business I’ve just done, so I collected all the emaileries together and now present them to you here for your divertment.
As usual, the out-takes not only made the original post waaaaaay too long, but also themselves ended up waaaay longer than the original post.
But they were much too good to just leave out and forget about. So what’s a blogger to do?
- Okay, this isn’t a big long meander, honest, this is a Proper Serious Request for Information.
Right, a few months ago, a local shop wrote up they’d new stuff in, amongst them, Delrin canes. This attracted my attention cause I spend alot of my working life ordering Delrin.
(Like buying it in. Not ordering it around.)
So I spoke to a few of the gang about canes, they didn’t know much about Delrin ones, we searched the web, found a few American sites selling them for like $15.00 and upwards. My kink-friendly friend came into my workplace, and looked at Delrin rods with me.
(though they were two metres long, so hard to judge effect. Felt like we were Lilliput Dommes or something, very surreal)
Anyway my question is, to any one who knows bout Delrin canes, are they just a rod with a grip on them? Is that all? There isn’t something I’m missing, is there?
I’m interested to know: cause if that’s all there is to it, $15.00 for one is such a rip-off.
Also, if anyone’s had one used on them, can you tell me what are they like at all? I’m judging it too flexible and light to be even noticed much, but these things are hard to judge by looking.
(or by waving a two metre plastic rod at a kink-friendly friend :) )
- My experience with flexible thin hitty toys, is that they sting like a large angry swarm of 12 foot piranha bees.
And the more thin and flexible the hitty thingies are, the more violently stingy they tend to be. The most vicious toy in my collection of hitty toys is the one I call the “wand”. It is an implement which is no thicker than my little finger, and quite a bit thinner near the tip. It makes almost no sound as it swooshes through the air, and almost no sound as it lands on bare flesh. It flexes enough to cause dangerous wraparound marks. With only the lightest of swats, it stings enough to make every submissive I’ve ever used it on make some kind of extended vowel sound at every stroke. I’ve used it on myself, and I can confirm it is absolutely THE most lethal toy I own.
My experience with canes, is that the specific length and thickness, combined with the actual construction and balance of the handle, are crucial to whether the cane will be a joy to use and easy to use accurately, or not. A good cane, in my experience, is not just some stick somebody cut into lengths, but a tool thoughtfully assembled by an experienced craftsman.
I hope that was helpful?
Can I just say that meeting you was a sincere pleasure. Personally, I’d forego one of my favourite tuna sandwiches in a second if I had the chance to enjoy your delightful nibletty morselness. I think you’d make a fabulous hors d’oeuvre.
On a water biscuit.
Ok, putting the email down and backing away slowly, k?
- I hope that was helpful?
It was, and is, thanks, that’s the job now.
- it stings enough to make every submissive I’ve ever used it on make some kind of extended vowel sound at every stroke
I love that, it’s true. No one ever really makes a consonant noise, like. Cool.
But, come here, surely every thing that is a stick is a potential hitty thing. Do people not just look at a thing and think “I wonder what thats like for hitting?” and they’ve chanced it and been like “thats fairly hitty” or “thats not hitty at all… Bold not-hitty thing, bold! Fooling me with your hitty looks.” Like, for Delrin, did someone not just
- a) work in engineering and see a rod and go ‘that looks hitty, that does’ or
b) think ‘I’m bored of these wooden canes, and their wooden ways, I want something plastic for a change’
and then they went and looked up plastics and found a plastic that had good cane like properties and was also well cheap.
I just hate people having to spend loads of money, it’s desperate like, no one tells you how expensive things are when you get into this. We’ll have to set up a charity Donations for Destitute Deviants or something. Those specialist shops, they just be laughing ” ha, ha, they say, they’ve to pay my prices cause they can get it nowhere else. Ha, ha”.
Right here’s the thing, it’s a plastic rod, it’s not like it needs balancing or anything as far as I can see. Surely it can’t be too tough to do.
Anyway, here’s my plan; 8mm Delrin is .86 cent per metre, ex vat. (Though I’d get it for .66 cent per metre.)
And I’d buy it though work, and get it down with other stuff so no delivery charge. Quality : ) So that’s two metres (minimum order) at Euro 1.32 for me. Average cane length is 500mm so, (once I annoy one of the lads into cutting it ) I have four cane lengths, potential canes. So then take the sharp from the edges, that’s like a minute with a deburring tool.
Right, so for a grip, I’m not fancy, I was thinking hurley grip. Ye know, the foam tape stuff, not insulating tape, the proper stuff. That’s great for grip, and it’s nice in the hand, and it’s about 6 quid a roll. I don’t know how much I’d need per cane grip, but I’d say I’d get at least four anyway. So put that on and well, have you not got a cane then? I know it wouldn’t be as fancy looking as proper canes by cane makers but, like it’d be less than two Euro to make a cane.
And like I’d charge a fiver, or just the two Euro depending. I’d be happier that someone didn’t have to pay more than that. Sure they’re not getting a fancy cane, it’d just be a poor cousin, but it’d try. And like I wasn’t really going selling them properly, was more going to walk up to people I know already and it’d be like this:
- “Hey, how’s things with you? Here, do want to buy a cane, look, they’re lovely, I made them, handmade – none of this mass production you get these days. Go on, do you want one, a fiver, here, have a wave of it. Oh, you don’t like the Cork colours in the grip? That’s no problem, I’ve a one here, the grip is black. Still no? One moment…”
[I go off and get my hitty friend]
My hitty friend comes back with me, picks up a cane, and slides the length of it through her off hand. Holding it against her open palm, she fixes the potential customer with a seductive gaze. She breaks eye contact, her eyes languidly following the length of the cane, before capturing the now enthralled customer’s eyes once more. Raising the cane slowly, she brings it down on her hand just once, a swift, sharp stroke.
“Mmmmm…” she sighs then, with just the suggestion of a smile, her lips breathe the word:
And I say “That’ll be a fiver, please and thanks.”
See, who could resist that? If I was someone else, I’d buy a cane off me. I’m totally going to prototype, and sure if it’s crap, it’ll be a laugh anyway.
— On Thu, 17/7/08, another respondant wrote:
- Ohh she’s much too wholesome to be a meer hors d’oeuvre.
(Always thought those hors things were just to cover up poor service meself)
I’d liken here her more to black and white brown pudding spread on brown bread with a dollop of apple sauce.
Aren’t those water crackers, like so many things in life, a terror if they go down the wrong way?
why would you be having puddings with apple sauce? That’s as bad as cinnamon in banana toasties. And why puddings? Really now, is it not obvious that Lubyanka isn’t that hungry, she’s given up her sandwich, she only wants a light snack. And that’s such a compliment, in fairness there’s few people I’d give up a sandwich for, that’s a lovely thing to say. You’re lovely, you are, Lubyanka. Though I’d agree a bit (hey, how often does that happen? :) ), I wouldn’t be a water biscuit kinda person, I’d be more suited to a Tuc. Though you’d have to guard me from my kink-friendly friend, she’d try and eat the Tuc out from under me, she would, loves the Tucs, that girl. And she might try and put cinnamon on me too. Maybe I’d be safer on a Rich Tea biccie. Yeah, I want to be that, not a hors d’oeuvre, not a sandwich, I want to be known as nice with a cupa tea. Not sure about the ‘Also available with chocolate on’ though…
— On Thu, 17/7/08, our kink-friendly friend wrote:
- Can you try and keep some shorter bits if they leave them in the workshop? We can toss a coin on who gets to get a go first :)
Yeah, why not. Though after how Lubyanka described it, I don’t know am I a bit scared. And you should be scared too, cause I’ve always thought I’d be well vicious hitting anyone. I’d have to make you sign a ‘no giving-out to me after’ form first, okay? Think I’ll just get the lads to cut me a bit from the stuff there, start the prototype; we’ll test drive there next week, how’s that?
- But, come here, surely every thing that is a stick is a potential hitty thing. Do people not just look at a thing and think “I wonder what thats like for hitting?” and they’ve chanced it and been like “thats fairly hitty” or “thats not hitty at all… Bold not-hitty thing, bold! Fooling me with your hitty looks.”
Yes indeed, have you ever heard the term “pervertibles”? Those are things a person can easily pervert from their originally designed and intended vanilla purpose into something with a pervy use, things such as my rubber chicken, or my silicone kitchen spatula.
And yes, sometimes a promising looking pervertible turns out to be crap and I get all cranky at it for being such a tease and leading me on, and then failing to fulfill its early promise in a way that leaves me feeling all used and discarded.
I have definitely come across bold hitty things which fooled me with their deceiving come-hither hitty looks, when in fact they were the worst kind of useless totally non-hitty thing.
- Right here’s the thing, it’s a plastic rod, it’s not like it needs balancing or anything as far as I can see. Surely it can’t be too tough to do.
I’m sure that balancing the rod won’t be tough to do, but balanced it must be. If you can find little lead weights, put them on the end of the cane, and wrap the grips around them, that would prolly do it. Curtain weights, those long strings of lead weights inside cloth, are cheap and might do wrapped around a handle before putting a grip round them.
Think about it. Any rod which you are going to swing through the air must have enough weight and air resistance so that it isn’t going to just fly unpredictably all around the place like trying to spank somebody with a piece of paper out of the photocopier tray. And if a person (like me) is going to swing stuff through the air in the general direction of some graciously consenting person’s body parts, then I *really* need to be able to control the thing enough so that 99% of the time I can choose where it lands, and not have it thwack badly by accident into a kidney or an elbow too often.
So sure, it’s only a plastic rod, but it *is* being used as a hitty thing, and so it must be as good a hitty thing as it can be, because that I think that a person’s body parts are worth not damaging so I can have them for future use. I mean, y’know, recycling and all that. Plus how are they supposed to serve me if they get all broken and dented after one go with the hitty thing? That wouldn’t do at all! I can’t be replacing my serfs every other minute just cos they broke when I thwacked them a bit.
- Anyway, here’s my plan:
I’d charge a fiver, or just the two Euro depending. I’d be happier that someone didnt have to pay more than that. Sure they’re not getting a fancy cane, it’d just be a poor cousin, but it’d try.
[…] Go on, do you want one, a fiver, here, have a wave of it. Oh,
you dont like the Cork colours in the grip?
Well, now, I sent you some sample measurements of canes as I like them, and some links to handle-y retailers, and your plan sounds very promising. Promising enough to have stimulated just the tiniest smidgen of drool around here, so you have. :) I know canes don’t have to be fancy, although they must be constructed fit for use as a properly controllable hitty thing. I know I’d buy one off you, just to support local businesses you understand, not because I’m a vile hitty perv or anything god forbid.
And lol to the Cork colours on the grip. :)
- Really now, is it not obvious that Lubyanka isn’t that hungry, she’s given up her sandwich, she only wants a light snack. And that’s such a compliment, in fairness there’s few people I’d give up a sandwich for, that’s a lovely thing to say. You’re lovely, you are, Lubyanka.
Aww, thank you, I mean, oh, wait, there you go, impugning my bad name as Vile Rubber Chicken Woman by giving it away to people that I’m all lovely and everything, oh, wait, no, I really did mean, awww, thank you! :) :) :)
- Though I’d agree a bit (hey, how often does that happen? :) ) I wouldn’t be a water biscuit kinda person, I’d be more suited to a Tuc. […] Yeah, I want to be that, not a hors d’oeuvre, not a sandwich, I want to be known as nice with a cupa tea. Not sure about the ‘Also available with chocolate on’ though…
Not to put too fine a point on it dahlink, and not to cramp your style or anything, what with your flights of fancy into the realm of biscuit blissness, but y’know, when I mentioned your nibletty morselness, I wasn’t actually envisioning *you* as being the one doing the nibbling, actually, y’know. ;)
But I can totally work with that if you have a hard limit of being nibbled on a water biscuit because of your ethical and olfactory affiliation with Tuc-y type biscuit thingys. Or if you have a skin sensitivity to water biscuits. Or something.
On the other hand, it’s difficult for me to imagine somebody having a more severe reaction to water biscuits than they might have to one of your canes:
- “Oh, this? That’s nothing, here, look what my dom did to me, honest, she gave me SUCH a thrashing with a water biscuit, I’m telling ya, she’s such a sadist, I nearly safeworded. If she’d moved onto the digestives I swear I would’ve safeworded.”
If you want to be known as “nice with a cuppa tea”, then I’m sure I could work with that too. Ever considered being a table for twenty minutes? :)
- — On Thu, 17/7/08, our kink-friendly friend wrote:
- Can you try and keep some shorter bits if they leave them in the workshop? We can toss a coin on who gets to get a go first :)
after how Lubyanka described it, I don’t know am I a bit scared.
There, that’s much better, none of this “Lovely Lubyanka who’ll give up her sandwich of an evening”, and please, lots more of the “Lubyanka scared the knickers off me”!
In my opinion, a bit scared is good, caution is good, because canes can be fucking scary implements in my experience. I could
take a good few strips out of kvetch’s arse I mean, try your prototypes out on kvetch first, and then he can give you his reports on the results before you try, how’s that sound?
- And you should be scared too, cause I’ve always thought I’d be well vicious hitting anyone. I’d have to make you sign a ‘no giving-out to me after’ form first, okay? Think I’ll just get the lads to cut me a bit from the stuff there, start the prototype; we’ll test drive there next week, how’s that?
Oooh, the joys of thwacking with a “no giving out to me after” form signed, sealed, notarised, and safely stored in a secure location. :D
Seriously, I think you’ll find it’s much easier to be unvicious than
Just the thought of you and our kink-friendly friend taking the prototypes for test drives, ooooh, I’d bring the Tucs and tuna sandwiches and chocolate digestives if I could join in the fun, gol-leeeee. :)
(but I draw the line at meringues, sorry kink-friendly friend :) )
- I’ve another question now, related to it.
How is length for canes decided? Is it something to do with reach or height or build or what? Is there a guide to it? Lubyanka and me were talking and one of her favourite hitty things closely matches the length of her violin bow… which is really interesting cause like a bow would need ease and freedom of movement in a different way to cane but the same principle is there. I was thinking is it like a hurley where it’s usually the distance from heel to hip decides the length, and this guide usually allows a comfortable, controlled swing? But then on a personal level, I used to always play with a slightly longer hurley than the guide would’ve given me, so I’d have longer reach and swing, but less control.
So what’s the guide with canes? Is there one? Or is it all personal really?
- hitty friend wrote
- I had a pleasure of having a little tap of a Delrin in that shop last night…. Mmmmmmmmm delrin. Its yummy. However… I didnt buy one cause I can get one for €2 from you – yay
Oh now, no one is to not buy things and depend on my canes, this is all only in my thinking at the moment. Though I ordered the material this morning. It’s weird, when I started this thread, I was like ‘someone should try making canes’. I didn’t know it’d be me.
- Yes indeed, have you ever heard the term “pervertibles”?
No, but damm, that’s a good word. Not often I say anything is a good word in BDSM terminology, but that works. Here, in the spirit of pervertibles can someone go try out wrist rests for pervertible potential? Ye know those things for in front of a keyboard. Or if you’ve already tried them you might let the rest of us know what they’re like. I’m only saying cause I got a slap off one at work
(No, I don’t work in that kind of office, we’re just very childish)
and I was like ‘mmmm, maybe…’ Though since it was work, what I actually vocalized was ‘you bastard, you’re so dead’.
Like I felt it though jeans and I think I’d say it’s like a rectangular spank, but it dissipates quicker. Or something like that. Any hitters with available hitties, ye might chance it and give a verdict.
(Blogger Note: Hahaha, “rectangular spank“, hadn’t noticed that one the first time round, hehehe, fabulous!) :)
- I’m sure that balancing the rod won’t be tough to do, but balanced it must be. If you can find little lead weights, put them on the end of the cane, and wrap the grips around them, that would prolly do it. Curtain weights, those long strings of lead weights inside cloth, are cheap and might do wrapped around a handle before putting a grip round them.
Oh, oh funny you should mention curtain weights. Right at the Cork Munch, we noticed the tickleiness of the keyring I got in my goodie bag.
(It’s a wee cock, with googley eyes for balls and rubbery pink pubes)
And how we made a connection to the canes, I don’t know, but we thought ‘how cool would it be to have something tickely at the grip end of the cane’.
(painy/tickley now that’s balance. Sensation Variation, as a friend put it :) )
So on Saturday, I went looking for tickely things, after going buying grips. -Oh your man in the sports shop was lovely to me- Anyway, so then I needed tickely things. So I rang up a friend who would know and said ‘come here, where would I get feathers and that type of thing?’ And she said ‘oh Hickeys, girl, they’re great for that type of thing’. So off I went to Hickeys and it’s great there, I got loads of tickely type things. They’ve other great stuff too, like this lovely soft rope type stuff, it’s for like finishing cushions off or something but it’s .90 cent per metre. Oh and on other bargain news, gang in Cork, Debenhams are having a sale on some dead nice stockings, go in the Maylor street door and they’re there on your left.
Anyway back to the point, I know shag all about canes I didn’t even think about having to have weight on the handle end of a cane, isn’t good now I asked. I’ve to think about this. It’s loads harder than I thought. I’m thinking I’ll have to go drilling holes and tapping and everything to make anything usable.
- I *really* need to be able to control the thing enough so that 99% of the time I can choose where it lands, and not have it thwack badly by accident into a kidney or an elbow too often.
Tis true, nothing worst than the mis-meant thwacks. I’m actually getting a bit worried – if I make a usable one, and it’s used on someone, I feel I’m hurting someone by osmosis or something.
- oh, wait, there you go, impugning my bad name as Vile Rubber Chicken Woman by giving it away to people that I’m all lovely and everything
Ahhh, Lubyanka, I’d them all lulled into a false sense of security. You ruined that now. Well lulled, they were. :)
- But I can totally work with that if you have a hard limit of being nibbled on a water biscuit
- “If she’d moved onto the digestives I swear I would’ve safeworded.”
I flipping well would safeword for digestives. Who wants a biscuit that sounds like it should be for sale in a chemist anywhere near them? No one, that’s who.
- I could
Grand… as long as he doesn’t give out to me if my canes are terrible in every sense of the word.
Think I’ll have a list of rules.
By taking a cane from me, people automatically agree to:
- Not laugh at me, if it’s shite. I’m only having a go, okay. And I’m no good at make and do. And look, up there, it’s really more complicated than just a rod with a grip on it.
- Go easy with it, cause I’ve not a clue what I’m making, and it could be very unpredictable.
- Not get annoyed if it falls apart after three goes. Look, I was only trying, like. What do you expect for two Euro? A magic cane that hits people for you and lasts forever and can be used as a divining rod, is it?
And the hittie agrees to:
- not give out to me, and/or give me a thump for supplying the cane.
There, binding contract, people.
- Just the thought of you and our kink-friendly friend taking the prototypes for test drives, ooooh, I’d bring the Tucs and tuna sandwiches and chocolate digestives
Digestives! Ohhh, you’re so not allowed come down now :)
- Yea, material is in! And cut. And oh my God, yeah when it’s cut to more cane like proportions (750mm) it is well sore. My left hand doesn’t know what it’s done out of the way, the whacks it’s been getting. So different from the 2 metre lengths.
(kink-friendly friend, kitten – be afraid, it will be Fucking Hell Friday)
I’m thinking shorter might be interesting too. Like the offcuts, the other 500mm,they’ve a sweet swoosh and a smashing sharpness out of them too. Man, I wish I knew more about what works well.
Anyway, now to attempt putting it all together. And work out the eight million different ‘that could work…’ ideas I’ve been given.
And, oh my gosh, on my search yesterday for something to use for one of the ideas,
(and for seeing if I could work in silver to match that gown – it’s a maybe)
ye’ll never guess what I found – little tiny clothes pegs. Proper working ones less than a inch tall. I think crafty people who are into making their own cards use them for… well for crafty stuff. Probably with pipe cleaners and crepe paper and that breed of thing.
Anyway, little tiny clothes pegs rock! They’re like two euro for loads, thirty or something. And they’ve a really pretty little pinch – me and my best mate (who knows well what I’m into, she’s perverted through association now) had great tryouts with them in the pub last night. We have learned she so has no masochistic tendencies. Or masonistic as she kept calling it.
(She gets very confused with the words. We ended up having to have Pink Lighter, who’s submissive but not necessarily masochistic and Black Lighter who’s dominant, but that doesn’t mean also sadistic. She got very protective of Pink Lighter after a while. I assure ye it was consensual. And Black Lighter is not “the spawn of Satan”, if he spawned lighters)
Anyway, tiny little clothes pegs, hunt them down people.
(and for the ten or so people who’ll know what this means – How weak is Fingersub going to be for tiny little clothes pegs :) )
Oh as well Tesco do a really cool Bendy Ruler. It can bend over on itself without snapping- think of the following-curve possibilities, people. For .39 cent.
And yeah, I know I’m getting very carried away with this pervertible-things thing. I’ll calm down after a while. Honest. I don’t think anything is ever going to out do tiny little clothes pegs for me anyway.
- Must admit you were right… smacks from smaller Delrin feels very different from the 2 metre length. Even when trying to hit ones self on the bum, which is very akward ANYway, it actually hurts. I preferred the shorter one over the longer one in control I think, but it did also leave a longer lasting hurty stripey thing than the longer one. Hope your nan asked no questions about what we were giggling over :)
And guys, they look GREAT ! I had only seen the Delrin stuff in white, but in black it looks WELL WELL WELL nice.
- Reporting Live from Cork:
- It’s fab.
- It’s red and white.
- It was the first cane to get a name…. it called the Candy Cane…
you’ll see why on Saturday.
- It’s sexy, cool and hot!
- It’s a hitty thing with a side of tickle… so good subbies get both!
- The Glitter Hitter
- The Black and Blueser
- The Turquoise Thwacker
- Purple Punisher with a little sister called Hitty Chicky
- The Red Devil
Investigative subbie is pleased to report that she has successfully taken possession of her wondrous implement of pain from the excellent and fabulous Cork Cane Creator (and not Cork County Council)!
Can’t wait to show it off at the party. Queues for feels of Candy Cane can start to the left.
Thanks so much to CCC, you’re the best.
Signing off til the next report,
Over and out.
P.S. I’ll have to take my punishment from CCC on Saturday when I see her cos I wasn’t meant to post about it but I am so excited to get it I couldn’t help it! She’s shy and retiring and does not like to put herself forward for comment (she’s afraid people will laugh at the Candy Cane and its brothers and sisters).
Candy Cane’s sister The Racy Redhead was CCC’s first delivery. I believe our kink-friendly friend was delighted with her cane.
For those looking forward to receipt of a brother or sister of Candy Cane you have to guess which one is yours…..
P.P.S. CCC’s order book for colour customised canes is closed at present, so NO requesting one if not already on her list… or I’m in major trouble!!
- “Candy Cane’s sister The Racy Redhead was CCC’s first delivery. I believe our kink-friendly friend was delighted with her cane.”
Yay my cane has a name too! It was nameless at time of delivery.
:grin: @ racy redhead though :)
It’s pretty. It’s classy in red and black with a tickle on top. Might bring it to the party for show and tell :)
Thanks CCC :)
- — On Wed, 30/7/08, hitty friend wrote:
- Oh god…… its like getting all excited and glammed up for a night out at an exclusive club, and then getting told by the man on the door that your name is not on the list and u cant come in :(
No pinstripe or polka dot canes (sob, sob).
Unfortunately had no luck getting a grip with either polka dots or pinstripe (the sports people are so deprived in their grip design choices, I don’t how they manage) so rather than bringing a swirly design into it and risking heinous pattern clashing, I just used black and silver.
— On Wed, 30/7/08, another member wrote:
- err, that is, plain black ones available, or it is just colored options?
Well it’s like this, yeah a plain black one could be made but it’d feel so dull to make a plain black one with all the pretty colours I had at my disposal. I got well carried away with the colours. I even forced the person who did say they just wanted a black handle into a bit of colour.
(Yea, turquoise! Pretty and hitty! :) )
So it could be done, only it wasn’t.
I’m afraid people will laugh at the Candy Cane and its brothers and sisters. I am, like. They look so home-made, but they’re kinda cute. To my eye anyway. So no laughing. Till I’m out of earshot at least. And I think they’re a bit long so will bring sandpaper and that kinda thing to shorten them if necessary. Oh and if they totally don’t work as canes well… I’m going pretending it was tickle-y things I was making all along. So there. Don’t know who started this ‘cane’ thing. :)
- The Glitter Hitter
- The Black and Blueser
- The Turquoise Thwacker
- Purple Punisher with a little sister called Hitty Chicky
- The Red Devil
- For those looking forward to receipt of a brother or sister of Candy Cane you have to guess which one is yours…..
Ooooh, which one’s mine? I was thinking, from the text you sent about the colour, that it was the purple one, but then I remembered that somebody else had asked for a long one and a short one, so I wondered if the purple one was his, cos why would you make me two?
It’s so exciting to be in at the beginning of this venture, I can’t wait to try it!
Please tell, which one’s mine?
- Hi hi. Well it’s like this. I’d finished all of them, including your purple one. And when I was putting stuff away there were really cute yellow feathers and they reminded me of a little chick. And that reminded me of chickens and that reminded me of Irving. So I made Hitty Chicky too cause it amused me and Irving needs a chicken friend :) Hitty Chicky is so cute! Even if its body looks more like a wasp’s.
- Ok, I’m having a guess…
- The Glitter Hitter – This must be for hitty friend?
- The Black and Blueser – I was thinking that person who wanted the long and short ones, since he wanted black, but then you said
- The Turquoise Thwacker – So I don’t know who the Black and Blueser is for, but I’m guessing this one is for that guy who wanted the long and short ones?
- Purple Punisher with a little sister called Hitty Chicky – Mine, yay!! Although, I don’t do “punishments”, so I’m thinking maybe Purple Piranha, or People Purpler, or Purple People Eater, or Purple Purfler (“purfling” is those thin stripes around the edges of violins – picture, link, and more ramblings enclosed down at the bottom of this message)
- The Red Devil – No idea, not our kink-friendly friend’s, is it?
- I even forced the person who did say they just wanted a black handle into a bit of colour.
Can’t wait til Saturday!
Big yays. :)
ps: Irving can’t wait either, even though he isn’t, like, sentient or anything.
(please see down the bottom for more stuff about purfling)
pps: kvetch won’t comment on whether or not he’s looking forward to feeling your cane. But that might mostly be because he’s asleep right now. :p
This is what purfling is.
Here is more about purfling, with better pictures.
The enclosed image is a picture showing purfling from quite a good page describing and demonstrating a purfling method. Purfling is actually an inlay and not painted or drawn. One thing not mentioned on the second page, is that the main purpose of purfling is to prevent any cracks which may form on the top or back plate of the instrument (which are easily repaired, but happen often due to the strings at tension exerting a pressure of approximately 120lbs/sq in) from extending beyond the edge of the instrument right through and out past the end of the plate.
I thought that the Purple Purfler would be a great name for a cane for me, since I’m a violinist, because canes make stripes, and because a skilled caner can leave lovely thin, uniform, parallel stripes. :)
- Hi hi,
- The Glitter Hitter – This must be hitty friend’s?
- The Black and Blueser
- The Turquoise Thwacker
- Purple Punisher with a little sister called Hitty Chicky – Mine, yay!!
- The Red Devil
Yeah, black handle and glitter bits
The Black and Blueser is for that Dublin guy. I wanted to get Dublin colours and call it the Whackeen (Like Jackeen) but they don’t sell Dublin colours in the wee sports shop I went to. So just went black and blue. He didn’t mind what I did as long as it wasn’t pink.
The Turquoise Thwacker is for that guy from County Louth – cause I like turquoise and he so wasn’t getting plain black and was totally giving me “I don’t mind which colour” answers
Hitty Chicky is the sweetest of the whole lot, honest. It’s one of the shorter ones.
- Although, I don’t do “punishments”, so I’m thinking maybe Purple Piranha, or People Purpler, or Purple People Eater, or Purple Purfler (“purfling” is those thin stripes around the edges of violins – picture, links, and more ramblings enclosed down at the bottom of this message)
That sounds cool, The Purple Purfler. Feel free to name it when you see it. I more choose Punisher cause I like the comic book character (not the film, that was just bad). And I really like alliteration so Purfler works well too. You judge yourself, and name it for yourself. Purfler’s a cool word.
That’s for the guy who wanted two, our kink-friendly friend’s is The Racy Redhead
They’re all packed up now ready for Saturday…Yea!
- Can nominate the Dublin guy for ‘least gracious receipt of a cane’. Really people, gave him the cane and he goes ‘thanks’ and runs off. Like a small boy given a present at a birthday party running off to eat all the Rice Krispie buns, he was. (That’s mean though, he did say thanks politely after)
It’s between Lubyanka and my hitty friend for ‘the most gracious and enthusiastic and making of ooooh-y noises on receipt of a cane’ nomination.
Lubyanka gains bonus points for bringing loads of her own canes and giving a display of swish-iness out in the smoking area.
And I’m so not humble bout my canes any more, I’m after getting loads of good feedback from the hitters (the thought is the handles should be heavier) and some great ‘I’ve some marks after your cane…cheers’ feedback from the hittees.
(Sorry, know you liked it but still, sorry).
And I’m going making some more for the few who asked me Saturday. They’re marking and hurty; I eventually gave in to the ‘you make it, you have to try it’ talk and it hurts like a hurty thing that’s after taking hurty-enhancing drugs.
(And I’m going to spare ye all the theorising tangent I have on why things hurt different when you’re judging your own work and my new thoughts on defining dom-space due to cane building. Count yourselves lucky)
Anyway, our kink-friendly friend and me can now judge ‘the most inappropriate time to use a dominant-y voice’ competition. And I think both her and the Candy Cane recipient (a Cork triple-rare) will support my nomination for ‘The Boy that made us all make some kind of animalistic noise’.
(and what varied animalistic noises we have :) )
Oh and the County Louth lad and me can so judge the ‘fighting over a biscuit’ heats.
Strange way to spend my lunchtime swimming in CCC’s stream of consciousness, but hey, come in, the water’s fine.
I’m also from the “you should know what things feel like before you do them” school of kind dominance. Jeez, the things i learn the once in a blue moon I sub………… still remembering that lesson painfully learned about taking nipple clamps off too quickly; aaaaah my poor little nurps are wincing here (if nipples could wince).
Anyway CCC, as someone who welcomes new toys…. no I mean tools (of course), could you describe for me whats all the fuss about? Delrin cane, eh? Hurty and hitty, eh? I might get you to put me down for one too. I feel like I’m late for the delrin cane party though. :(
Strange way to spend my lunchtime swimming in CCC’s stream of consciousness, but hey, come in, the waters fine.
Heh. Nicely put. :)
- Anyway CCC, as someone who welcomes new toys…. no I mean tools (of course), could you describe for me whats all the fuss about? Delrin cane, eh? […] I feel like I’m late for the delrin cane party though. :(
Not to worry, a cane review is on its way. :)
- Ammmm, Delrin, in my own not really that experienced way of describing things is like… different to wooden canes they’ve a deeper type of pain, but Delrin has a ‘oh that’s not that sore, oh wait a minute where’s that sore growing from?’ Grow-y glow-y sore maybe. And harder then is sharp, exhale quickly fuckkkkk sharp.
Though I mightn’t be the best one to comment on Delrin, I was in very much ‘hmmm, I wonder how that’s being wielded, and how hard did he have to raise the cane to get that degree of ‘fuckkkkk’ sharpness. Really the wondering bout the cane, cause it was my own, ruined the whole ‘ohh sparkly’ buzz. I’m really hoping these hitting-as-a-science thing isn’t permanent.
If you want one, I’ll make you one, I’m making a few more. Just mail me on colours privately.
(see, I’m lovely – not like being greedy with the Rice Krispie buns :) )
Anything that happens next will definitely involve some kind of golf gripness, so there. ;)
- Messages posted here were reproduced by kind permission of their respective authors. (mostly.)
- (i.e. please don’t sue.)
- (thank you.) :)