As you may remember, in response to recent crap from my persistent bdsmireland/Nimhneach
troll correspondent, I published my initial bloggy response and my forum post linking to it on Wednesday 29 July 09:41. My troll correspondent waited to post his more overt abuse til Friday 31 July at 21:59 when the forum moderators were off for the weekend, so he must have been at least partially aware that his post sported features other than salient politeness.
The timing notwithstanding, I clicked the “Report this post” thingy for that forum post, because regardless of my personal feelings were about the poster, it seemed clear to me that fig367/DavidBedlam/Paradiso‘s last post contravened forum rules 1 and 6:
- 1. Rude, insulting or inflammatory posts will NOT be tolerated.
6. Please be respectful and do not harass other members.
- There is absolutely no way to leave any kind of comment.
You can check this out yourself by clicking on any “Report this post” thingy on the forums. (please also be sure to click “Cancel” after checking this out)
So when I reported it, I said absolutely nothing at all about the post or its author.
- I want to emphasise this because it demonstrates that the moderator opinions and decisions on that post were entirely their own and were reached independently with no input from me.
So just like the ludicrous claim that the bdsmireland/Nimhneach owners are mindless automatons who cannot do anything without my say-so, any attempt to demonstrate my undue influence over anybody else’s opinions and decisions is pointless.
Anyhow, I reported the post on Friday. On Sunday I published my response without mentioning it at all on the forum.
- (fig367 has been such a diligent and devoted reader of my blog, I felt quite confident that he’d see that post as well as this one without any link assistance from anywhere, just as he’s managed to read all my other posts all by himself)
And then on Monday whilst I was away from home, this message arrived from one of the forum moderators.
- From: LoveHoney
Subject: RE: LoveHoney Forums: Reported post
Date: 3 August 2009 16:19:18 IST
Thanks so much for forwarding this post – we have deleted it.
It looks like the post was from someone with a personal grudge, so we will keep an eye on their activity. If you could do the same, I’d appreciate it.
I must say, this message is a hugely welcome change from the responses I used to get from those bdsmireland/Nimhneach members who used to claim to be my friends. Those people took their brave and valiant stand against this ongoing abuse by dropping me like a hot potato.
- (such brave and valiant friends I can do without, thank you)
I’ve heard and seen more of their talk-a-lot-do-nothing crap than I care to remember.
Just one tiny little validatey comment like this one, made by just one person unconnected to me, my blog, or bdsmireland/Nimhneach, means so very very much to me. It choked me up a bit, actually.
- I mean, if independent observers can identify fig367‘s behaviour as inappropriate, then so can other people. If independent observers can tell that fig367‘s posts to me represent his grudge and nothing else, then they can probably tell a lot of other things too.
All of that feels incredibly validating! After all, fig367 has been such an ongoing pain in my unconsenting hole for such a long time, and I’ve been targeted with so much additional crap by so many people blaming me for his behaviour. And the people who could have done something about it were claiming to be my friends on the one hand and standing by and doing a whole lot of fuck all on the other.
Even one single independent observer doing that one simple act of deleting that post and emailing me positively about it has boosted my confidence enormously. That single event helped me to feel that my chosen path might actually benefit somebody, in some way, someday.
- I can continue on, knowing that.