valpone_a, with the support and approval of all the other bdsmireland moderators, sent me these three emails. Of the three, I have referred to the first and second in previous posts, but never yet published them in full. The most recent was sent last night.
Here they are.
- From: valpone_a
Subject: Moderator Request
Date: 7 March 2009 12:31:03 GMT
If I may take this time to introduce myself. I’m Valpone and I’m one of the BDSM Ireland Moderators. I realize that we have not met in person and have had no contact before this e-mail. It has fallen to me to contact you with regards to recent posts and activity within the group.
It is clear that you are not happy with the way the group is moderated you have spent a lot of time and energy making your many points to not only the Moderators but to the world at large via your blog. Personally I have no great interest in the blogging activity you have been undertaking other than as proof of your deep dissatisfaction with the way we work as Moderators.
BDSM Ireland is not the only group that operates in Ireland there are other groups which you may be happier to be associated with, alternatively you may wish to spend some of your energy and time in a more constructive way and form your own group to run as you wish. That would better demonstrate you’re ideas of how a group should be run. Whichever way you may wish to move in the future it will not be with BDSM Ireland.
I am as you may already have guessed requesting that you remove yourself from the BDSM Ireland Group’s. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me as I will be the sole contact for you from this point onwards. No other Moderator will be responding to your e-mails.
If I may take this moment to wish you luck in your future efforts
I was hoping for a reply from you before today but as I have not received one as yet I thought a gentle reminder may be in order. I’m away on Holiday today and will not be near an Internet connection for the next two weeks. Not the best timing in the world but it cant be helped. As stated in my earlier e-mail I will be the only moderator dealing with you and your posts from this point onwards. Again sorry as this will place a delay on any of our correspondence.
I am back from my vacation and with net access once more. I was disappointed that you had not contacted me with any questions you may have regarding my request for your graceful departure from the BDSM Ireland Yahoo Group. Alas it is a sad situation when you can find the time to speculate in your blog but not feel able to contact me directly.
With this in mind and after again checking out your blog, I have come to conclusion that you have no interest in direct contact with me and your intention is to use this as a public “cause celebre”. Unfortunately the conspiracy theory you seem to have woven can not be resolved to your satisfaction as like so many conspiracy theories it will have a dynamic of its own.
With regret I will be removing you from the BDSM Ireland Yahoo Group as I’m under the impression that this would be best for you and us. Your current fixation as well as general unhappiness with the group would best be served by this course of action.
I wish you well with your new group and the future.
So, the bdsmireland moderators (through valpone_a) are banning me because
- I had nothing to say to him regarding his emails
- I had nothing to say to him over the internet when he was internetless
- I keep a personal blog
- I remained in the group and respected the group rules
- I published details of bdsmireland moderators abusing me
- I have a mind and thoughts of my own
- I expressed my thoughts on my personal blog
- they think I “would be best served” by being banned (wtf?!)
- they think I started a new group
- I respected the rules of bdsmireland
So if I say stuff on my blog, I’m banned. If I don’t say stuff in emails, I’m banned. Did anybody else notice that this was a situation in which I was deliberately set up to fail? Does anybody have any doubts at all that the intent of the moderators from the beginning was to ban me, regardless?
I did feel gratified that the bdsmireland moderators didn’t even try to invent a legitimate banning offense to present me with.
So in brief, this is what happened:
- The bdsmireland moderators operated a double standard by applying different rules to me than to other group members.
- The bdsmireland moderators refused to resolve my queries about this privately.
- I detailed my experiences of this on my personal blog.
- The bdsmireland moderators abused me via my personal blog using a sock puppet nickname.
- I detailed my experiences of the bdsmireland moderators’ abuse on my personal blog.
- The topic was raised by other members in the bdsmireland yahoo group.
- A long-inactive moderator of bdsmireland was re-activated.
- The bdsmireland moderators banned any further discussion of the topic in the bdsmireland yahoo group.
- The bdsmireland moderators continued operating the double standard against me in the bdsmireland yahoo group and via my blog.
- I detailed those experiences on my personal blog.
- The newly re-activated moderator informed me by email that the moderators want me to leave the group.
- The newly re-activated moderator became internetless.
- The bdsmireland moderators continued their abusive activities.
- I continued to detail my experiences of this on my blog.
- The bdsmireland moderators wanted me to stop blogging about their abuse.
- The bdsmireland moderators knew I would stop immediately when the abusers made good on their word to meet me and prove their non-moderator identities.
- I demonstrated on my personal blog that the abusers and the bdsmireland moderators were the same people.
- Therefore the bdsmireland moderators were unable to stop me without acknowledging their lies and abusive behaviour.
- The newly re-activated moderator regained internet.
- The newly re-activated moderator banned me for reasons unrelated to bdsmireland group rules.
- I watched recently appointed moderators and others whom I thought were my friends either silently or actively supporting the moderators’ abusive behaviour against me.
- I blog on.
(presumably on the grounds that private emails are not the place to discuss the bdsmireland yahoo group, its operation, and the behaviour of its administrators)
(presumably on the grounds that the bdsmireland yahoo group is not the place to discuss the bdsmireland yahoo group, its operation, and the behaviour of its administrators)
(presumably on the grounds that my blog is not the place to discuss the bdsmireland yahoo group, its operation, and the behaviour of its administrators)
(oh, and presumably also because I outed their abuse)
I’m wondering, if private emails aren’t the place to discuss the bdsmireland yahoo group, how it is run and the behaviour of it’s administrators, and if the bdsmireland yahoo group isn’t the place to discuss the bdsmireland yahoo group, how it is run and the behaviour of it’s administrators, and if my blog isn’t the place to discuss the bdsmireland yahoo group, how it is run and the behaviour of it’s administrators, then where do the bdsmireland moderators think these things will be discussed?
I’m wondering if anybody else is noticing that valpone_a‘s tender concern for my well-being is
just so full of lies nauseating. I’m sure you all noticed those lies that nausea. At least this time he signed his lies nauseation with his own name.
I’m wondering if this recent tender concern could possibly have been expressed by that same moderator, using a sock puppet nickname.
I’m noticing a recurring sock-puppety theme here.
The only way the bdsmireland moderators can do these things is if you support them by accepting their behaviour and keeping yourselves under their jurisdiction.
No matter what else I’ve done, I have respected the stated rules in bdsmireland without exception throughout the entire duration of my membership there. Yet the moderators banned me anyhow.
As members, you are vulnerable. You must either accept their abuse or be silenced and banned. It is that simple. If you allow this behaviour to pass unchallenged, you are sharing responsibility for it. You either believe in and actively support SSC and RACK, or you pay lip service to it and do nothing.
Some of the moderators’ targets have no blog nor public voice to report abusive behaviour. I am in all likelihood the most recent in a long line of many targets of their abuse, and they are just as likely to behave every bit as abusively with others after me.
- If the bdsmireland moderators can apply arbitrary double standards
- If the bdsmireland moderators can adopt sock puppets to abuse me anonymously
- If the bdsmireland moderators can ban me for any arbitrary reasons
- If you support that unacceptable behaviour by saying and doing nothing against it in public
- If you support that unacceptable behaviour by simply giving in and backing down and hoping it doesn’t happen to you
then those moderators can and will do the same to all of us.
If you wish to speak out about stuff which has been done to you, and you are known to me or you can make yourself known to me, I am happy to publish personal accounts anonymously.
If you wish to express support anonymously in a comment, I am happy to publish those comments anonymously.
This issue is ongoing. If they do anything to you, no matter how small it seems, please speak out. Unless you speak out, this will keep happening.
- Who is going to be their next target?
Step up, step up, there’s plenty to go around.