or – More Sock Puppetry
– starring fig367 and dublinswitch as the sock puppet dunravin2002
- – or …
After having gone through the facts step by step in my previous post, and after having seen what was one post become
two three, I now come to the main reason I started this particular bloggy effort.
- I started out doing this post primarily to highlight dublinswitch‘s disclosure of information which he should have been unaware of.
On 2 March, 2009, dublinswitch posted this message in which he discloses that “the mail which upset Lubyanka” had a certain IP address.
Now, for the benefit of certain developmentally challenged abusive sock puppeters out there, I am going to spell this all out in the teeniest tiniest possible baby steps so that even sock puppets can understand it.
For those of you who have a brain cell which isn’t lonely, I ask you to please bear with me through this process. Or else you can skip to the bottom, your choice. :)
Ok, are we sitting comfortably? Then I’ll begin. :)
In his message, dublinswitch referenced
- an assertion
- a mail
- an IP
- an author
- a moderator
- a “misleading” email address, and
- something which apparently wasn’t true
Unfortunately, he neglected to ever specify
- what assertion
- which mail
- by whom
- with what IP
- an IP from where
- which moderator
- what “misleading” email address
- how and why the email address was “misleading”, and
- what wasn’t true
I therefore had to jump through a few hoops just to establish the basics.
Only then was I able to proceed onwards to the knock-yer-sock-puppets-off conclusions.
So, in processing the information from dublinswitch‘s post, I considered the following facts.
- dublinswitch was attempting to compare fig367 and dunravin2002, and establish that they were not the same person.
- The only possible IPs and mails which dublinswitch can consider relevant in this context must logically come from the email accounts of dunravin2002 and fig367.
- In his message, dublinswitch refers to a moderator who is outside of Ireland on a certain date.
- fig367 is a moderator who was outside of Ireland during a period which encompasses the date which dublinswitch is likely to be referring to.
- In order to support dublinswitch‘s case that fig367 is not dunravin2002, then dublinswitch must have been referring to the IP from a header of a message sent from the dunravin2002 email address.
- dublinswitch also describes the message containing the IP information he references as being “the mail which upset Lubyanka”.
(emphasis added by me)
Referenced moderator = fig367
Referenced mail author = The dunravin2002 email account
Referenced IP = Belongs to a specific mail from the dunravin2002 account
Referenced mail message = Upsetting content
Now, moving on…
- The dates of total number of bdsmireland yahoo group posts sent from the dunravin2002 email address (originally four, now three) were 11 June 2004 (now mysteriously deleted), 30 January 2008, 8 August 2008, and 20 February 2009.
- None of dunravin2002‘s (originally four, now three) posts in the bdsmireland yahoo group were upsetting to me.
- The only bdsmireland yahoo group message from dunravin2002 within the time frame dublinswitch references was posted on 20 February, and that message simply praises the Nimhneach crew.
- The chances are remote that dublinswitch really thought that message had upset me.
- The only messages from dunravin2002 which contain content which could be at all upsetting were dunravin2002‘s private messages to me as seen published on my blog.
Referenced Mail Date = Roundabout 20 February 2009
Referenced Mail Location = Outside the bdsmireland yahoo group
Possible Referenced Mail Location = Published on my blog
Right, next …
- The only message headers from the dunravin2002 email account which dublinswitch should have had access to were bdsmireland group posts, and those I published on this blog.
- I withheld the IP address from the dunravin2002 messages I published on my blog, and included only the most basic header information [From, Subject, Date, To].
- At the time dublinswitch posted that message (2 March), I had (unintentionally by my own mistake, and at the time unbeknownst to me) only published excerpts of two messages on my blog from dunravin2002.
- Also unbeknownst to me at the time of dublinswitch‘s post, there was a message sitting in my spam folder from the dunravin2002 email account, which could well be construed as upsetting.
Referenced Mail With IP = Not on my blog on 2 March
Referenced Mail With IP = Not in bdsmireland on 2 March
Ok, are we all clear so far? Right, moving along nicely now …
- The only private mails I have ever exchanged with dublinswitch to date have been moderator-group-member-type emails.
- I have sent no copies of my personal mail to dublinswitch.
- Normally, I would expect that dublinswitch has no access to IP and header information from mails in my private inbox.
- Like all bdsmireland yahoo group members, dublinswitch has access to IP and email header information from group messages.
- According to dublinswitch, the source of his IP address information was from
- a mail sent from the dunravin2002 email address
- “the mail which upset Lubyanka”
- a mail dated prior to dublinswitch‘s 2 March posting date
- a mail dated during fig367‘s travels out of Ireland
- a mail dated roundabout 20 February 2009
- a mail published neither in bdsmireland nor on my blog
- There is only one mail which reasonably fits all of these criteria. Other characteristics of this mail are:
- It was a private mail to me.
- It was sent from the dunravin2002 email address.
- It was dated 25 February 2009
- It was never submitted for publication in bdsmireland.
- It was unpublished and unreferenced on my blog.
- It has IP information reproduced in the body of the message.
- It was sitting in my spam folder.
- Until 13 March I was completely unaware of its existence.
- On 2 March, only the senders knew about it .
- The only bdsmireland mail which comes close to qualifying under the established criteria also has characteristics which exclude it (the message content is completely banal and fails to upset).
- Therefore the referenced mail cannot be one published in bdsmireland.
- The only possible way dublinswitch could have referenced a private message in my spam folder on 2 March from the dunravin2002 email account, was if he had seen it before I did.
- On 2 March, dublinswitch referenced a mail which only the senders knew about.
The referenced message was
– unpublished in bdsmireland
– unpublished on my blog
– a private mail to me dated 25 February
– in my spam folder and unseen by me on 2 March
– seen by dublinswitch between 25 February and 2 March
dublinswitch has access to at least some mails from the dunravin2002 email account.
Ok, having established that, moving swiftly on …
- Any number of individuals may easily share a single email address.
- In most (but obviously not all) cases, the nature of the email account name clearly indicates when more than one individual has use of a single account. For example – the Cork munch email address.
- Because any number of users can know the password to an email account, IP address information for any messages sent from such an account is meaningless, unless a specific account user, as well as a date and time is associated with that IP.
- Setting up recreational email addresses to share between friends for reasons unrelated to employment normally involves the account users knowing each other.
- Even if some of the users of such an account are unknown to each other at the start, they will all come to know each other over time.
- The dunravin2002 account has been active since at least 2004.
- The only possible circumstance in which one or more of the password-holders will remain unknown to each other, is if they deliberately choose to keep themselves secret from the others, and why would they do that?
- In order for dublinswitch to have seen my private mail from dunravin2002 before I did, he either
- wrote that message himself
- collaborated on that message, or
- was sent a copy by another puppeter who has access to the dunravin2002 sock puppet email address.
- dublinswitch and whomever sent me those messages know each other, and
- the sender wanted dublinswitch to see those messages.
IP and email address alone cannot establish identity.
More than one individual uses the dunravin2002 identity.
dublinswitch and whomever sent me those messages know each other.
dublinswitch and the password-holders of the dunravin2002 account know each other.
- Nobody has ever stated to me either publicly or privately that they know “dunravin2002” in person.
- “dunravin2002” has been the only public identity associated with that email account (except for here on this blog of course), and that identity has so far proven to be no more than the sock puppet of other individuals such as fig367 (who happens to be close friends with dublinswitch).
- If dublinswitch wrote that message himself, then he is one of the password-holders for the dunravin2002 sock puppet account.
- If dublinswitch collaborated on that message, then he is one of the password-holders for the dunravin2002 sock puppet account.
- If dublinswitch was sent a copy, then he knows at least one of the password-holders of the dunravin2002 sock puppet account.
- No matter whether dublinswitch was sent a copy, collaborated, or wrote the message himself, dublinswitch has in any case been lying, supporting others lying, and supporting the attacking, abusive behaviour which was perpetrated using the dunravin2002 sock puppet identity.
dunravin2002 is a sock puppet identity.
dublinswitch has lied about dunravin2002.
dublinswitch has supported lying, abusing, attacking behaviour from the password-holders of the dunravin2002 sock puppet account.
- dublinswitch was in Ireland during the time when fig367 was abroad.
- dublinswitch used the Irish IP as a reason to exonerate fig367 from dunravin2002-related sock puppet activities on 25 February.
- If dublinswitch composed and sent any messages from the dunravin2002 email account himself, then he must be one of the password-holders of the dunravin2002 sock puppet email account.
- Being a password-holder of the dunravin2002 sock puppet account, dublinswitch must know the other password-holders for the dunravin2002 sock puppet email account.
- Knowing who else has the password to the dunravin2002 email account, dublinswitch has been lying and supporting whomever else has been sending me abusive attacking messages at this blog and elsewhere.
- There was nothing stopping fig367 and dublinswitch writing a message together, and dublinswitch sending it.
- Equally, being a password-holder of the dunravin2002 account, dublinswitch can write any message he likes and send it from that address, including this one.
- Since dublinswitch composed that message himself, then he is one of the sock puppeters using the dunravin2002 sock puppet to anonymously abuse, attack, and lie.
- dublinswitch and fig367 and possibly other people have been colluding together to support each other anonymously attacking, abusing, and lying to bdsmireland group members and probably others, using the dunravin2002 sock puppet identity.
- Since both dublinswitch and fig367 know quite well that dunravin2002 is their sock puppet, this means that all of the sanctions against me in bdsmireland, and all the attacks on me on this blog were nothing to do with bdsmireland at all (which I knew already), and everything to do with indulging their hate, and saving their own precious lying skins from discovery.
- dublinswitch resigned his moderatorship the day after he published this post. Did he step down to protect his friend fig367 from the consequences of his own behaviour, by taking the blame for the dunravin2002 sock puppet?
dunravin2002 is a sock puppet identity.
dublinswitch and fig367 are password-holders for the dunravin2002 sock puppet account.
dublinswitch and fig367 have lied, abused, attacked, and vilified me both in bdsmireland and on this blog, under the sock puppet name of dunravin2002.
dublinswitch and fig367 have supported and perpetrated lies, abuse, and attacks from the password-holders of the dunravin2002 sock puppet account, including themselves.
In the now notoriously-referenced-too-soon message, the sock puppeters using the dunravin2002 sock puppet account make an offer to verify themselves by speaking to me on the phone.
Since a phone call cannot verify identity details such as
- previous offenses
- facial differentiation between one person and another
I declined that rather bizarre offer (I’ve had stalkers before), and countered it with an offer to meet.
- Incidentally, five days have gone by, and I have heard nothing more about that from any sock puppets.
Not even in my spam folder.
Setting all that aside for the moment, I wanted to bring some additional and final facts to your attention.
- I know fig367 and dublinswitch personally.
- Because of that, I am familiar with their voices.
- Also because of that, they are familiar with my voice.
- In order to avoid recognition, they were going to have to get a third party to speak with me on the phone.
- Being familiar with my voice, they would know if somebody else spoke with them on the phone pretending to be me.
- There is no conceivable benefit for them to get some third party pretending to be the sock puppet dunravin2002 to speak with some third party pretending to be me on the phone.
- Therefore, if they intended to speak with me on the phone at all, they must have felt confident that they would be speaking with the actual me, which they themselves could verify by knowing my voice.
fig367 and dublinswitch were confident that I was going to be the one on other end of the phone.
fig367 and dublinswitch were going to involve a third party to speak to me on the phone on their behalf.
At least three people and possibly more are involved in using the dunravin2002 sock puppet account to lie, to anonymously abuse and attack, and to support their friends’ anonymously abusing and attacking activities.
- The dunravin2002 identity is definitely and unequivocally no more than a sock puppet.
- The dunravin2002 sock puppet account is used as an anonymous mask by multiple password-holders, including fig367 and dublinswitch.
- fig367 and dublinswitch both know all of the password-holders of the dunravin2002 sock puppet email account.
- There are at least three people, and probably more, involved in using the dunravin2002 sock puppet account to perpetrate these offenses anonymously.
- dublinswitch and fig367 have been colluding with the other password holders of the dunravin2002 sock puppet account to personally lie, anonymously abuse and attack others, and to support and be supported by their friends lying and anonymously abusing and attacking others.
Using the dunravin2002 identity to
sock puppet, abuse, attack, and lie