For some odd reason which is unfathomable to me, some of you out there are still convinced that fig367/dunravin2002 is somehow going to pull a miracle out of a hat and invent some evidence which will make it possible for me to publish that retraction.
- Believe me, I’d love to, and I wish I could. Unfortunately, if I did that, I would be lying.
Today I’m going to try a slightly different approach. Today, I’m going to present some of the evidence in two posts, and take you through it step by logical step.
Those of you who have already worked this out might find this process just a teensy bit tedious. Or, you may enjoy this nostalgic journey down memory lane. If you like, you can let me know which road you took
on a postcard in the comments. :)
The crap about IP addresses which dublinswitch has been touting in bdsmireland – is meaningless.
- Saying that an email message with a certain IP address can only have come from the location of that IP is like saying that a telephone number with a national code appearing on your caller ID must be originating in your country – even though the voice at the other end says
- “Hello, my name is Mohandar, I am calling from an outsourced call centre in India.”
There, that was easy.
Normally when I’m being presented with any kind of realistic rebuttal, that rebuttal tends to have just the slightest bit more detail in it than a simple isolated “It’s not true”.
Normally, I would expect a realistic rebuttal to include at least one response to these popular and tasty questions.
- What isn’t true?
- About whom isn’t it true?
- Why isn’t it true about them?
- What contradictory thing is true?
- What contradictory thing is true about them?
- Why is something contradictory true about them?
- Who is it true about?
- How do you know it is isn’t true about them?
- How do you know something contradictory is true about them?
- When did you learn that something contradictory is true about them?
- When did the contradictory true thing happen?
- How and when did you get your contradictory information?
- Who, what and where was the source of your contradictory information?
I know that’s an awful lot of questions, and an awful lot of information. Most of the time, all I need is one or two of those answers. And like me, I find that most people are as satisfied with that as I am. In my experience, the only reason I’ve encountered for a person to willfully disregard a properly fleshed-out set of facts, is if they already have quite a strong reason for wanting to believe otherwise. Otherwise, the facts are usually enough.
- In this instance, I wanted to highlight the fact that the two (yes, that’s really all there were, two ‘It’s not true’s, from two moderators, one without internet) rebuttals to my blog posts failed to include a concrete, demonstrable answer to even one of those questions.
I don’t know about you, but the complete lack of even one element of those commonly found features, is itself alone sufficient to cause me to stop a minute and think, “hmmmmm …”.
The only way anybody can say for sure that somebody other than fig367 wrote the messages signed by dunravin2002, is if they know who did write them.
If they knew that, then it would be easy enough to say “I know that dunravin2002 isn’t fig367‘s sock puppet because
- I know the real name of fig367‘s sock puppet, and that name is different to dunravin2002 (which wouldn’t really be proof because fig367 can and probably does have more than one sock puppet, but at least it’d be a start)
- I know whose sock puppet dunravin2002 really is
- I know dunravin2002 personally
Has anybody said anything like these things?
Have they fuck.
Of all the vitriol, back-stabbing, accusations, straw men, personal attacks, and red herrings fig367/dunravin2002 and others have hurled at me, there are a few things I’ve been waiting (and wanting) to hear, which have remained persistently unsaid.
- Both of the two moderator “it’s not true”s fail to name or reference the accountable individual, fail to name or reference the actual offenses, and fail to present any contradictory facts as rebutments.
“It’s not true” could in this case be referring to anything at all.
- Nobody has ever said “fig367 cannot have committed the offenses committed by the individual calling himself dunravin2002 because … [insert realistic reason here]”
- Nobody has ever said why or how fig367 cannot be responsible for what dunravin2002 has done.
Please be aware that the time has looonnnnggg past for you to be able to spontaneously answer any of those questions now. Now that everybody knows that these omissions were pointed out to you, it would obviously be pre-tt-ee damn lame for you to all of a sudden now start spouting stuff from my list.
So I think we’d all appreciate if you’d start specifying any denials you’d like to assert, with precisely what you’re denying about. After all the other stuff you’ve done, I know that this is a simple enough objective for any of you to achieve.
Or is it?
The Irish BDSM scene, as I’ve said before, is pretty fucking microscopic. Yet not one person I know (and trust to be a reliable source):
- knows dunravin2002 in person
- has ever even heard of anybody knowing dunravin2002 in person
- has ever witnessed, heard from somebody witnessing, or heard a rumour about somebody else witnessing anything in person to do with dunravin2002
Even though he’s been around at least since 2004, in a scene this infinitesimal, nobody has ever encountered this clown in person?
The big rollover millionaire jackpot which I have been anxiously pining by my inbox for, and which I have yet to receive or even hear a rumour about from any person, is this.
No single solitary person has ever come forward and said anything like
- “Oh, I know dunravin2002, yeah, he’s really crazy” or
- “dunravin2002 is my ex, I used to go out with him.” or even
- “Right, I know dunravin2002, we went to Nimhneach/London/on holiday together and he’s a great guy, good friend of mine.”
If anybody out there (besides fig367/dunravin2002/dublinswitch, obviously) does know dunravin2002 personally, I ask you please, help us all put this to rest and contact me to confirm he is a real person!
Please keep in mind that I cannot accept any vouching for dunravin2002 from anybody who
- needs or wants to vouch anonymously
- cannot themselves be vouched for by anybody known to me
If I’m going to go meet this guy in person, having some advance advice about stuff to watch out for would be incredibly helpful. Please?